Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vegas: The Gathering

My last business trip to Las Vegas in July was by far my most memorable so far in my career. I had the opportunity to meet and take a photo with John Paul and Eloise Degoria (everyone thinks he is "Paul Mitchell" but actually he is one of the founders of the brand). I wont lie, I was star struck! He is such an inspiring individual and the story of how much perseverance and gusto his rise to the top required always leaves me energized and ready to press on towards my goals!

Here is my favorite Vegas skyline shot!

Here is the view of the arena where the main show was held. Over 3,000 people attended!

The show was a mixture of artistic hair cutting and styling performances, with acrobatics, dance, music and plenty of runway stomping!
After the show was the "Inspiration Party". This acrobat was directly over the dance floor, the WHOLE night, with a huge smile on her face. I love my job too, but dang!
These lovely ladies were oozing style. I wanted to make friends with them!

And here are the cool kids! The girl on the left had the BEST style! I saw her several other days when we were in meetings etc and I wanted to follow her around with my camera (totally not in a creepy way)!

This guy pushed his way past us in line to the after party, swearing his boyfriend was ahead in the line, uh huh sure, I used to use that line (pre-Kyle of course!). But I was obsessed with his jacket and his awesome hair so we let him slide by!

This lovely lady said her inspiration was Minnie Mouse!

This fabulous femme is a stylist at the ARCs salon in Vegas. I loved her rock and roll edge, but she was such a sweet person!

Another ARCs stylist. I LOVE her confidence! It was her hair/bow that made me chase her down for a photo!

Pretty. Simple. Pretty simple!

Loved this girls ensemble! I sat next to her in a training earlier in the day and she had a leopard bow in her hair, and when I complimented her on it, she promptly informed me that it was a baby bow! Note to self!

Destiny and I caught these girls walking around right outside the party with their own bottle of wine. We thought it was funny and liked their look so we struck a pose!


Erin, Tammy and Destiny holding down our post at the inspiration party. This is where we stalked our style prey :)

Part of the DBE team posing with the new Awapuhi Wild Ginger!

No comments:

Post a Comment