Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Inspiration is a Slippery Little Sucker

I have had a realization. I am very inspired by the stylish women in my life. When I really look at my own personal style, so much of it is a skewed version of something I've seen someone else do. Of course, every now and then I have a truly original thought in my head. But that isn't the point... the stylish females (and sometimes males) in my life have a profound impact on what ends up in my closet and ultimately on my back!

Inspiration comes from so many other places. I don't know any girl who couldn't name a celebrity whose style she appreciates. And who can honestly admit that they don't catch themselves staring mindlessly at the TV when "enter makeover show name here" happens to be on. That is actually how I came up with the idea for this blog. I was watching one of those shows (which I openly love, by the way) wishing that there was a show that profiled the fashion champions instead of the fashion victims. What an idea! I would love to hear from a normal yet fashionable person about their style. I would like to get inside the heads of the most fashionable women I know and unlock their secret formula to style! And that is my plan with this site.

Always the over-planner, I started to wonder what I would blog about once I have posted up about my fashionable friends. I then realized that surely all of my fiends have their own secret stash of friends and acquaintances that they get ideas and inspiration from that they can hook me up with for a post. And from here Six Degrees of Style was born. I plan to throw in some "random encounters"- people I happen to come across who's look I appreciate (sorry Mom... I am going to talk to strangers)! I'm sure I will come across other tidbits and items to share, but my ultimate goal is to draw and share inspiration from the richest resource I know- Friends.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I can't wait to see what's in store. I need some style inspiration for sure cuz at the moment my style is called boring classic. Hopefully that will change in the near future...I'm turning 30 in a month! I don't want to be a boring 30-year-old, so I will look to you for help and inspiration. Keep it up, it looks great!~sis

    ReplyDelete