Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rikki Sue, Disturbingly Sweet

Like I said in my previous post... Rikki has a spunk that cannot be faked! She is confident and energetic. She is expressive and polished! Check out the outfits she threw together in her everyday, fly by the seat of her pants, way. I love what she came up with and we had an absolute blast shooting the pictures.


#1









#2


#3



#4




6: If you could only shop at 3 stores for the next year what would they be?

Rikki Sue:
Goodwill, Nordstom, and Fallas Paredes. You can find some great t-shirts and tanks on the$2 rack at Fallas!

6: That is true! You found me a Ramones t-shirt for $3 bucks there once!
What are the things in your closet that you would cry over if you lost them?
Rikki Sue:
Black Leather Jacket (my friend Des gave it to me and I LOVE it!)
My necklace given to me by my grandma who has passed away. It is heart with a diamond in the center. (pictured)
My pink faux fur jacket because I could never replace it!
The black boots by Carlos Santana I bought last winter. I’m always looking for an excuse to wear them! (pictured)

6: Who influences your style these days?

Rikki Sue:
Gwen Stephani is the most inspiring to me these days. She is over-the-top glamorous. She has this great ability to bring things back into style like long, red fingernails. I tried to emulate her when I was pregnant because she always seemed so pulled together. Now that I have had my son I look at the way she dresses her kids and it inspires me to help him develop his own style.
Zooey Deschanel has that whole artsy, tomboy, 1950’s pin-up model thing going on, yet she still seems very real.

6: What about when you were younger?

Rikki Sue:
I went through four fazes:
Punky Brewster
Molly Ringwald in Pretty and Pink
Betty Page
Audrey Hepburn

6: Are there any styles that are absolutely not for you?

Rikki Sue:
It bothers me when things get too matchy matchy.

I despise when I look at an outfit when it looks like everything “goes”. Style shouldn't be so thought out and methodical. I look better after I’ve scurried around getting ready. That is when my creativity comes out… my outfits aren’t overdone when I am running around just trying to get out the door.

There aren’t many trends or fashions that bother me too much, I love it when people show their individuality.

6: Latest purchase?

Rikki Sue:
Nude tights (pictured) and a neon yellow clutch from Fallas. I also bough some royal blue Crocs for my son.

6: Your style in two words:
Rikki Sue:
Disturbingly Sweet

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she just had a baby, she looks fabulous. I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete