Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sisterly Inspiration



After spending the weekend at my sister's, I am so inspired to get settled at our new little haven in the central Texas hills! Sarah made so much progress on her house in such a short time and completely inspired me with her quick transformations of some older pieces of furniture.

She painted this faded wooden table shiny black and it looks so great.




She also painted this old magazine wrack blue and it is even cuter in person!




I was visiting Sarah to host a birthday party for her so here are a few of my favorite images that capture the feeling of the evening.





Sarah Mixing Cosmos



Samantha and Sarah M. enjoying their adult beverage!








Our good friend, Samantha, helped us with planning Sarah's birthday party and we got to talking about design as she was making mini flower arangements and I was chopping fruit for sangria. She has the best home design blog mytexasnest.blogspot.com so check it out! After checking out her blog and the blogs that she follows, I have started compiling some images that I think reflect my home design style. I can hardly wait to get started! I will post some up soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am guessing an eclectic, surfer girl meets the city vibe. I can't wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! that's me! I had an awesome time and I am so grateful to you for helping me and being part of my milestone b-day. We made some great memories. I still can't believe we pulled it off! Thanks guys. I love my cute furniture...hopefully there's more to come.

    ReplyDelete